Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 2, I Listen to the Whirring

Still on Ben's bike. I did not get a chance to take mine in this afternoon, so it may be a little while.

With rain in the forecast, I may not be on two wheels for the rest of the week , either.

Still, today was great. Cool but comfortable in the morning, gorgeous in the afternoon. I had to cycle over to the Lindale Mall area to pick up a school camera at Photo Pro, always a bit exciting, but it went well.

This morning, as I cycled in, I was thinking about sound. While I was on C Avenue, I thought Ben's bike was silent.

Then, when I was crossing the parking lots at Rockwell Collins, I was far enough away from traffic to hear the bike noises, the stead whir of the rubber on the road, a low tone as my passage through the air make a slight breeze that crosses my ears and makes a soft noise like blowing across an old glass pop bottle.

One of the advantages of biking is that you can see and hear so much more than any motorized travel. The birds, the cottonwood leaves in summer, even the rubber and the road.

It was a great day to be a biker!

No comments:

Post a Comment