Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Gambling on a Dusting of Snow

Bike seat before ride home Tuesday night. World was lightly white this Wednesday morning.

Yes, I know, I probably should know better. My personal rule is not to ride when there is snow on the ground.

But, this was just a little snow. And it was cold, so the snow was not at that dangerous half-melted stage. And it’s supposed to get sunny today, so the afternoon commute should be fine.

So I did it. I ride my bike today.

Luckily, there is not much else to report. I was a bit nervous at points, particularly when crossing the busy C Street-Blair’s Ferry corner (not a place you would want to slip)—but nary a slide took place on the way in.

I only regret is that I wore just a single pair of socks. I decided, and I think I was right, that it was not quite cold enough for long underwear. But a second part of socks would definitely have helped, as the one part of my body that suffered a bit on the way in was the part on the pedals.

Still, here I am. Another riding day. The dusting of snow was not enough to prevent me from biking.

It was close, though.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete