Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Quicker Ride on the Mended Bike


Today's biking fashion tip -- if you don't have trouser holders, you can create faux capris. But they would look like this. And second images proves Tolkien wasn't totally right -- sometimes the road ends rather than going ever on. Bike trail ends in a confusion of lorries.

I had my second UK ride this afternoon. It was cooler, and I almost was under-dressed in a short-sleeved shirt, but it was still a beautiful day.

I decided that this time, I would take an urban ride, so rather than turn west at the trail, I headed east. For about 10 minutes. There was a narrow little street with a building under construction, and some trucks had it mostly blocked. I went around the block, but couldn't find the trail again on the other side, so I went back and headed west out of town again.

I didn't get as far as the village, this time. I didn't fully trust this bike . The handlebar was nicer—Matt's main bike has a slightly wobbly handlebar, and his secondary bike has side rails coming up at the end of the handles, giving the rider more grip options.

But I don't think I got the back wheel as fully inflated as I would like, so it was my own work that made the bicycle slightly more fickle. Or I fickle to it. Anyway, I rode for about an hour total and then came back to Amanda's house.

Still, it was nice to get out on a fine, if cool, afternoon. Thank you Matt, for allowing me to use your wheels while here. The Raleigh bikes that Matt owns are good machines, lighter, I think, then my bike. Still, it will be nice to get back in the USA and ride my own bike, but it was also good to get some RAGBRAI training miles done while on holiday in the UK.


No comments:

Post a Comment