Monday, May 17, 2010

The Bugs Are Back In Town!

We seemed to go from winter straight into spring with little in between this year, and as this week heats up things are starting to get a "June" feel. Noticed a June Bug slamming into the siding of the house due to confusion caused by the deck light when I walked the dog last night.

Today, the bugs were back when I commuted by bike.

Was in a hurry this morning--a meeting with new dean of admissions at Mount Mercy started at 8:30 a.m., and I had stayed up to the wee hours grading and was having troubled getting out the door.

Made it. Weather cooperated, I was living right at the lights. Nice that I didn't have to stop much. Was very buggy whenever I had to pause. Although there can be irritating clouds of insects, especially near creeks or in shade, a relatively bug-free existence (you're moving too fast for them) is an advantage of biking.

Except when you stop. It doesn't take long for the little buggers to gather. Bug season is upon us! Oh well, at least that means better biking weather, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment