Friday, May 28, 2010

Bike Bling


Note the photo.

I'm a P-51 fan anway. Some historians credit this hybride plane, with its Ameican body and British engine, with winning World War II.

Whatever. Without the Mustang, there would have been hundreds of other planes, and who knows? On the other hand, we really needed to win when we did--if the war had gone on a few months, German jet airplane production could have caused havoc.

Anyway, this is bike bling. I recorded in my other blog how I slipped on ice in January. After that accident, my sister Cate bought me this cheap little bit of Chinese plastic.

At first, I was a bit embarassed and self-concious to have it on my bike, but I quickly got used to it. And enjoy it. It's a festive little bit of whimsical flair.

One afternoon on my way home, at the corner of Blair's Ferry and C Aveue, a gentleman who I assume as a Rockwell-Collins engineer asked if if the plane's propeller caused too much drag.

Not at all. I have not worn a dress since I put it on my bike. Buh-bum-chic. But seriously folks, it's a bit of fun, which I enjoy.

Thank you sister Cate. I love my bike Mustang.

No comments:

Post a Comment