Friday, April 28, 2017

In Which The Rain Rain Rain Came Down Down Down

A cold, cloudy Friday morning—but dry, so I rode, gambling that there would be a break in the rain later.

I fought the rain and the rain won. No breaking rocks in the hot sun for me, I was pedaling home in the damp cold. When it’s genuinely chilly out and a stiff wind is blowing, there’s something especially penetrating about the damp.

Well, not to complain too much. My strategy wasn’t a total failure. While it did indeed rain on my biking parade, it also did lessen a bit in late afternoon, so I wasn’t riding in the earlier downpour.

The MMU Bike Club had a safety rodeo scheduled for this Sunday. CR Biker is the faculty advisor to the club, so I am planning to be there, but due to the rain that is also forecast for Sunday, the event has been rescheduled for Saturday, May 13.

The event is for any child who can ride a bike. There will be mechanical safety checks of bikes, free helmets while supplies last and a drawing for a $350 bike gift card.

Come on down to MMU to the parking lot at the top of the hill behind Warde Hall. You can park in the 27th Street lot and visit us behind Warde Hall.

I plan to be there. I bet some of my grandkids will be there. Come and meet the celebrity bike blogger that nobody is talking about! Hope to see you at the bike safety rodeo!

And, I’m hoping to see some sun, too.

May 1 Update: Mark Mettler is on KCRG to promote rodeo:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment