Friday, April 18, 2014

In Which I Introspect as I Inspect The Boyson Trail

View of Dry Creek from low bridge on Boyson Trail. It was that pretty of a morning.Note that the browns are finally turning to green.

I went to the gym this morning after sleeping in, and decided to ride on the Lindale-Boyson trails on the way home.

Let me say I’m pleased with the city of Marion. That trail had been extremely rutted earlier this week, deeply roughened by the passage of bikes on mushy limestone. They’ve scraped it, and it was nice.

It was a cool, contemplative, pleasant ride. I felt I was in a strange mood, enjoying beautiful spring sunshine while I meditated on death and suffering on this Good Friday.

Still, it was a gorgeous morning to be out. I will have a busy weekend and don’t know how many rides I will squeeze in, but I am glad the first was very nice!

Looking the other way on the same bridge. Why does the violent water seem to evoke more serenity than the still water on the other side of the bridge?

No comments:

Post a Comment