Friday, May 18, 2012

I’m An Award-Winning Biker!



They are some sort of dog contest ribbons from wikkicommons.  Whatever, I still won.

Hey Blog fans, I’ll have to change my blog banner from “CR Biker” to “Award-Winning CR Biker.”

Mount Mercy University, the place where I nap and sometimes work, had a “bike to work” promotion this week, which was national bike-to-work week.

As part of the promotion, you could register each day for a drawing for a $25 gift card to a local bike shop.

And I won!  Hooray!  I’ll have to go there and scope out some bike bling for RAGBRAI.  I am looking for a rear rack of some sort, and maybe a frame pump.  Doubt that $25 will pay for both, but heck, it’s a start.

The MMU group was to meet today and bike to a restaurant.  Sadly, I could not be there, due to a department luncheon meeting.

But, thanks anyway, I gladly accept my award.  Bike on!

No comments:

Post a Comment