Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Sticks To CR Sidewalks


It's getting way below zero tonight and there's lots of snow and ice on the streets and sidewalks of Cedar Rapids. Here is what my sidewalk looks like after clearing more than 10 inches of snow, and many places are still not cleared, including the city sidewalk on C Avenue.

Not that I'm complaining. In fact, this winter I gotta say it seems like the CR street department has been more aggressive in snow removal--they cleared Brentwood Drive 3 times today and every side street in our area of town seems fairly well plowed. Yeah, I can see the streets coming before the sidewalks, and, after all, I ride on many more streets than sidewalks.

Good thing I've travelling for a couple of days because I'm not going to be able to ride the bike anyway. And spring is coming! (No, I don't take the groundhog seriously, spring is coming at this time of year every year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment