Friday, December 24, 2010

A No-Bike White Christmas

It’s the night before Christmas, and I’m going to blog quickly and then go to bed so I can get to church at 9 a.m. and the day can officially begin.

Christmas has long been one of my favorite days, for both religious and secular reasons. As a child, it was a day that not only had no school, but began a week of no school, and that was fine by me. Our parents used to sneak into our bedrooms and leave our stocking on our bed—in all my years of childhood, I was such a deep sleeper that I never caught on once. And I have no explanation for why the idea of Santa sneaking into my bedroom didn’t creep me out.

Anyway, there is warmer weather on the way, so maybe we’ll melt some of this foot of snow on the ground. We had 3 to 4 inches, and added 8 in the past 24 hours.

A White Christmas is also a no-bike Christmas, and that’s too bad. If weather allowed, I’m sure I would have worked some bicycle excursions into my Christmas break plans, but not this winter!

Oh well. As I noted, warmer weather is on the way.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment