Sunday, January 30, 2011

On the Verge of Spring Semester

Well, my J Term total was pretty low--I think I bicycled to work a grand total of about 2 days in January.

We're on break at Mount Mercy, and spring semester starts Wednesday. It looks as if the first week (which includes a 2-day trip to Des Moines for the Iowa Newspaper Association/Iowa College Media Association convention anyway) won't include much biking. A big snow is expected Tuesday, and the pavement isn't ready for biking before the snow anyway.

Well, here's hoping that even if the first week is a wash, February will be more bike friendly than January was. I don't want to jinx it, but since I don't believe in jinxes anyway, I'll chance it--chances are that it will be. The coldest part of our Iowa winter is typically just about right now--February is usually a miserable winter month, but more so at the start then at the end. March is still winter in Iowa, but the tail end of winter when it's not so serious anymore--melting and some sunshine are pretty likely in February.

Lets hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment