Friday, October 15, 2010

The Heritage Trail


We're on fall break the second half of this week at Mount Mercy, so I have not been putting in a lot of saddle time.

But, today Audrey and I took a day trip to Dyserville, where we rode 6 miles of the Heritage Trail that goes from there to Dubuque. We could not ride more because the trail was closed and Audrey was getting a bit tired of riding.

It was a beautiful day for a ride and a pleasant picnic along the trail, and I hope we'll be back.

We also visited the famous Basilica in Dyserville, and I wrote about that on my other blog and posted photos on my Facebook page.

On the way home, we stopped and visited Brandon and Theresa. They have a very cute house on a nice acreage near Monticello, and I'm sure gardening will be a fun hobby next summer.

Brandon had to work, so it was just Audrey, Therese and I for supper, but we took Brandon's advice and when to McOtto's in Anamosa. An excellent suggestion--we enjoyed our food and sampled pie for desert.

No doubt, more than 12 miles will be needed to make up for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment