Tuesday, December 17, 2019

In Which Dark Skies Make for Pretty Rides

Dec. 3, above, pretty winter sky. Below, hybrid bike with snow on its tyre on campus, mountain bike on campus in December sunshine.



After a cold and snowy November, December has been mixed. There have been days of snow when I couldn’t ride, but all in all, for December, there has been some nice bike weather.

And, while I prefer for my way to be lit by the sun, the low light of winter evenings has its own charms.

Relatively warm weather in December has been nice for work commute rides using the mountain bike or the hybrid. Today, I finished grading for the semester around noon, and went to an afternoon movie (Frozen II, and I do recommend it) and then rode the hybrid bike down to Cedar Lake.

It was my first ride in a few days, and I felt a bit worn at end the end. But the golden light of the low winter sun was very pretty, as you can see:















No comments:

Post a Comment