Monday, November 26, 2018

In Which The Ride Features Flurries

I arrive on campus on a grey Monday morning. Catherine McAuley seems dressed for this winter-like weather. I was hoping to show some flakes in the air, but I don't think you can see them very well.

On Sunday, I had to go to campus to grade some projects and papers. Because it was possible that it would rain, I drove a car.

The storm, which was quite impressive in some places, passed south of us. We didn’t see a flake.

And the winds picked up and the temperature dropped. It was in the upper 20s this morning, which, if the sun is shining and the winds are calm, is honestly not all an unpleasant temperature to be outside.

But, the wind was brisk and the sky grey. Because it was not supposed to snow, I decided I could dress for the weather and bike.

And, of course, on the way to work it began to snow. Is was enough to see some powdery wisps dancing across the cold pavement, but never really enough to cover the ground.

Dressing for the weather mean I didn’t really mind the cold that much. In the early afternoon, returning to my office after class, I noticed a car parked at the University Center. While our ground is bare, this car was caked with wet snow that had frozen to it. It had license plates from a county a bit south of here.

The snow car parked on campus around 12:30 p.m.

We dodged that blizzard of 2018. Based on the forecast, I was thinking I would be driving most of this week, as I waited for pavement to get clear. In fact, I’m thinking of adding a layer and possibly riding Tuesday, when it will be even colder than today.

And, based on what happened south of here, I will not complain about a few random flakes the in the air!

1 comment:

  1. i really like the way you take photos with every little detail describing what is happening. i love the fact that you take different photos of different bikes teaching your readers about them and not every bike is the same. this blog is very entertaining because you teach the readers something new in every shortcut photo. which is a great way to blog.

    ReplyDelete