Thursday, November 29, 2018

In Which Cold Rain Falls

Pond on C Avenue, morning sun on Wednesday.

I did not ride today, which is mildly funny because it was a warmer day today, and I have been on two wheels during much colder mornings this week.

The difference is that I knew I had to say on campus late into the evening, and rain was possible. As it turned out, a light, cold slight drizzle was falling as I drove home today—justification for not being on two wheels.

I can dress for cold. Neither any of my bikes nor I react that well to getting wet.

Still, I was impressed Wednesday morning, yesterday, with how pretty the partly cloudy sky was on a fine frosty late fall morning in Iowa. I shot the images here on my ride into work, and felt a little guilty, because, as usual in the morning, I was in a hurry.

I was riding the Fancy Beast mountain bike, and I really enjoy that bike even if I don’t like wearing a backpack. The bike itself has wide tyres and shocks in front, and even if it’s my slowest bike and does not have the carrying capacity of my hybrid bike, is still the most fun to ride, as long as the distance is not too great.

And Friday the day should be dry. Back to two wheels, probably using the mountain bike!

Morning shadows Monday on C Avenue near Collins Road.


No comments:

Post a Comment