Sunday, May 27, 2018

In Which I Ride Off Into the Sunset

Art at Lowe Park frames setting sun.


It was very, very hot today. I went to church in the morning, and then played in the back yard with a grandson. After he went home, it was getting very hot and buggy, so next was nap time.

Then, my wife and I went to “The Black Panther” at the local second-run cheap movie theater. I’m a little late to that party, but it was a fine movie.

So it was after 8, and I had not biked today and wanted to get some miles in. So I got my road bike out, turned on the lights, and headed up to Lowe Park in Marion.

Honestly, while it was warm, the ride itself created a breeze, the sun was no longer bright, and it was past the hottest part of the day. Overall, I would say it was a good 13-mile ride, which I did in about an hour.

I hope to get more miles in tomorrow morning before the day gets fully hot. Sort of like a day of RAGBRAI.


On my way home on Boyson Road, pretty sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment