Monday, November 11, 2013

In Which You Know That I Rode Despite Snow

I think the two lovers outside Basile Hall are just trying to stay warm. Snowy statue around 3 p.m. today at Mount Mercy University campus. Note snow reflected in doors and windows.

Snow fell and the temperature plummeted this afternoon. It was a cloudy, cool fall this morning, and a brisk, white winter this afternoon.

And I rode. In the morning, I had no reason not to. I also knew that, although there was snow in the forecast, it was also scheduled to end my later afternoon, and since I wouldn't be taking off for home until after 7 p.m., I figured that the pavement would be dry by them.
One set of footprints in the snow...not mine. MMU campus, 3 p.m.

I figured correctly. I hadn't factored in the wind chill, however. The ride home was indeed quite cool, but I did have two pairs of socks on, and made it OK.

It’s supposed to be in the teens Tuesday morning. But it’s also supposed to be sunny. Will I ride? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment