Thursday, December 13, 2018

In Which Gray Is OK on a Cool Day

Cedar Lake--cool afternoon.

It was quiet this afternoon on the Cedar River Trail. I was heading home about 3:30 this afternoon, and the clouds were so thick that I was riding with my lights on.

It was in the 30s, which is not particularly cold for December, but it was moist, the kind of dampness that lends a chilling edge to the temperature.

On my way home, I headed down to Cedar Lake. Despite the gray day, it felt good to be outside. As I paused to make some images of the reflections and geese on the lake, trail traffic picked up a bit. A few brave joggers were out, as well as just a few other bikers.

Save image of Cedar Lake, in color and black and white.


And despite the cries of geese and other birds, the afternoon felt peaceful. I like blue skies and springtime and all that, but I did feel somewhat refreshed by a shot of Mother Nature.

As I headed north to home, the mist increased a bit and the pavement just started to get damp. But I did get home before it really go damp, so it was a good ride.

Geese on lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment