Tuesday, April 24, 2018

In Which We Ditch the Jacket

Ready for morning ride. I have Nikon because I anticipate shooting some spring images on campus as I go about my day--and the day did not disappoint.

I try to do at least 2 hlll climbs a day now, and once or twice a week go up the "back way" onto the MMU campus. This is the steep drive behind Andreas House leading to the library--the most labor intensive way for a biker to get to the top of the hill. Despite that, I stopped in the middle of the hill just to shoot an image of the morning light and shadows--a gorgeous day for a CR Biker!

It was only in the 40s this morning, but the sky was clear and there was no wind. The world smelled of thawed soil and fresh spring flowers—I was moved to shoot a few flower images before starting the morning commute. And I skipped wearing a jacket, something that has been rare this cool April.

Spring has finally arrived with a truly warm day today. Despite a slight chill in the air, the morning ride was gorgeous in the way a spring day can be. Despite trees still looking bare, the sudden green of the grass and the profusion of daffodils advertise that the seasons have finally shifted.

And then, tonight, it clouded up again, with a cool breeze blowing. Oh well, we had today, and it foreshadows more gorgeous days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment