Monday, January 6, 2014

In Which I Plan RAGBRAI 2014


Will Team Joe ride again? Signs are good. I met my sisters at Cate’s annual New Year’s brunch, and both she and Brigid and Eldon seem to think doing RAGBRAI again would be a good idea. I even have a sister-in-law in Florida who might join the team this year.

I think we’re waiting to be sure to see what the route will be. And RAGBRAI.com is having it’s annual “guess the route” contest. Well, last year was a southern route The year before was kind of mid-state.

So I’m guessing north. What the heck, here is my projected route:

  • Day 1: Sioux City to Primghar.
  • Day 2: Primghar to Algona.
  • Day 3: Algona to Mason City.
  • Day 4: Mason City to Waverly.
  • Day 5: Waverly to Strawberry Point.
  • Day 6: Strawberry Point to Monticello.
  • Day 7: Monticello to Dubuque.

There are some pretty small overnight towns in this route, but none too tiny, I think for RAGBRAI.

It’s probably not the best route for Team Joe. Until it gets to Monticello, I’m not sure I have many connections in any of those towns. But it would be many new places to me. We’ll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment