Friday, November 13, 2020

In Which I Find Long Underwear

Frosty morning sunrise, C Avenue Nov. 12.

C Avenue Pond, sunrise, Nov. 12.

The low last night was in the 20s, and it was cold this morning, with a wind chill in the single digits.

But it wasn’t really bone-chilling cold. And I’ll ride a bicycle when it’s zero outside, if the air isn’t moving too much. Still, it was cold enough this morning that I looked for, and found much more quickly than I expected, my long winter underwear.

Afternoon light
Afternoon sky, Nov. 12.

It was not really a full winter ride—the night was not that cold. I did not wear warm boots (although I did have warm socks) nor did I bother to find a scarf to protect my neck.

And I kind of enjoyed the ride in. I didn’t get too cold. This afternoon it was in the upper 30s, and I left the underwear in the bike back. It felt cooler, honestly, on the way home, but I still enjoyed the ride.

This was another good week for riding, and honestly felt better because it was getting November cool, finally. I hope your biking week went well, too.

Birds in the sky
Nov. 11--Geese fly by as I wait for light to change.

Morning light
Morning light Nov. 11 at Collins Road.



No comments:

Post a Comment