Thursday, February 20, 2020

In Which The Cold Sun Shines

Sunshine on a frozen pond this afternoon.
 I was leaving work this afternoon and happened to run into the Provost of Mount Mercy University. How cold does it have to be, he asked, before I would not ride?

It was about zero this morning, which a bit of a wind that made a 10 below or so wind chill. Honestly, that was not too bad of a problem because the wind was from the west and my ride was mostly south. But, at a couple of points in the ride and I do turn to the west for a few blocks--and when I did that this morning, the ride didn't seem like such a good idea.

Still, I was dressed well, and was fairly comfortable when I go to campus. The ride home was sunnier, but still cold, yet pretty, too. When I was nearly hope, I looped around the C Avenue Pond, just to look at the light.

As I crossed the C Avenue Bridge over Dry Creek, I noticed six or so deer not far from the road in the creek valley.

All in all, despite the chill, it was a nice day to ride.

Deer in the creek bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment