Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Nice Day on the Trail

When the weather is especially nice and I'm in the right mood, I will use the Cedar Valley Trail to get home, which extends my ride by about 20 minutes or so.

Such was the day today--so warm that I took off my sweater before heading "Blackie" west to the trail and then heading north.

There were a fair number of people on the trail, and I was passed several times by other bikers. As far as I recall, none sounded a warning--and that's not good. A professor at Mount Mercy recently had a pretty serious collision on this very trail (although, he didn't forget to sound a warning, it's just that when he said "on your right," a pedestrian thought she should step to the right).

The riding conditions were near perfect, except for some inconvenient clouds of insects. I will not be too sad to see the first frost--time for those bugs to go.

When I got here home, traffic on C Avenue was backed up nearly to Blair's Ferry. According to the KGAN web site, there was a gas main lead. Neither KCRG nor The Gazette had any information on their sites.

Anyway, it was a good day to be on a bike--the sidewalk wasn't backed up. Got home in time to play with the grandkids a bit--all in all, a good ride and a good homecoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment