Saturday, September 19, 2020

In Which Hazy Sunshine Means Pretty Rides

Hazy sunshine on Monday morning as my biking week begins. I rode every day this week.

Sorry, West Coast. I wish you were not burning. Even more, I wish Ruth Bader Ginsburg was OK—but that’s probably a topic for a different blog.

This week was full of disturbing news. At least it was also filled with nice weather for a bike commuter. Our sunrises and sunsets were pretty, even if the reason is sad.

Lots happened this week, at least not all of it was bad. The giant pile of brush in front of my house was cleared away. Many streets on my commute are still constricted by derecho storm debris, but the piles are slowly melting away as trucks trundle away with tons of wood.

This week, I saw an egret and a pelican together on Cedar Lake. I saw the sun prettily reflected in the C Avenue pond. I enjoyed morning glories smiling at me from a yard near Kenwood School.

So here is my week in biking, present in images I made:

Hazy Monday morning sunshine on MMU Rohde Family Plaza.

Tuesday, I think. I have serious morning glory envy.

Geese at Kenwood School, far from any water. Not sure what the plan is.

Street sign on side street--not sure these are official signs.

Favorite place to shoot morning sun--C Avenue Pond at Collins Aerospace.

Bike on C Avenue, waiting to cross Collins Road.

On Tuesday, they had started to cut away fallen ash tree in front of my house. As I leave for morning bike ride to work, trucks pulling up to haul pieces away.

Morning shadow. Note equipment by C Avenue loading brush.

And I get home Wednesday. Sidewalk is a mess and broken in places, equipment damaged retaining wall by my driveway--but the big tree is gone. Progress.

Thursday morning, truck removing debris near MMU campus.

Took long way home Thursday afternoon...low sun at Cedar Lake.

Above and below--I've seen egrets and pelicans before, but not together. Cedar Lake Thursday afternoon.


Friday morning--work closes sidewalk on C Avenue where I usually ride--moved into street before start of bike lane.

Debris removal Friday morning on Prairie Drive a few blocks north of MMU.

Street felt a little small Friday morning.

I pause before riding up The Hill at MMU. Tree rodent on utility pole does not appreciate the company. It was chattering very angrily at me.

Friday morning biker shadow.

C Avenue pond Friday--another day, another sunrise.

Leaving for home Friday afternoon. Interesting sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment