Friday, September 13, 2019

In Which a Door Closes on Ride’s Eve

Garage door, closed for now.

For a while, getting to my bicycles will be a challenge. A monarch caterpillar crawled up onto my garage door and built it’s little “I’m going to be a butterfly” house there, which my wife found on Thursday.

So on Friday, I had to wheel my hybrid bike through the basement and muscle it up the stairs. It was not fun. Then, I had to squeeze it into the van and drive to a shop where we were leaving off a car.


Morning light on Cedar Trail,

 And from there, I rode to campus. Actually, despite being Friday the 13th, it was gorgeous. A cool day after some hot, humid ones. I had to get to campus as quickly as possible, but on the ride home, I took more time to enjoy biking on a nice fall afternoon, riding down to Cedar Lake.

On a cool September day, with some clouds and some sunshine, and breeze, riding is nice.

And I am happy that one of the caterpillars from my garden built a chrysalis. Although, I also would have picked a different spot, where it up to me.

Cedar Lake in the afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment