Saturday, July 23, 2016

In Which I Smell The Scent of RAGBRAI

My sister and I and our bikes, ready to head out to RAGBRAI.

RAGBRAI is an event which is mostly outdoors, and today was a good demonstration of why that is a good idea.

On the 5-hour drive over from Cedar, we watched the thermometer hover in the upper 80s. We may have thought that wasn’t so bad—but wait. When we got to Glenwood, about 2 p.m., the sun was shining. It was brutal. The temperature soared into the 90s, and the humidity made it feel well over 100.

We practically melted. Luckily, the campground is near Glenwood High School, and air conditioned building.

Cate just said it is 77 in Cedar Rapids. Sigh.

Well, the smell in the long line for the spaghetti dinner was a bit on the ripe side, but the dinner was nice. We ate early, long before they ran out of food.

Street painted in downtown Glendwood.

And now I am typing a blog post, mostly to waste time inside the high school. Fortunately, it is not supposed to be so hot tomorrow. I only bike a half day Sunday, and hope to

We shall see!

If you ride RAGBRAI this year, hope you are staying cool tonight. I am hoping for an early start to the adventure tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.

Here is my Facebook photo gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment