Friday, March 21, 2014

In Which A Mirror Cracks During A Good Bike Week

Me this morning reflected in a cracked mirror. Well, the sky is blue and the sun is shining and it was a fine biking day anyway. (And yes, I put on my helmet before I started biking).

One day this week, Wednesday, I think, I drove a car to work, due to a wet morning.

The other days I was on Francis, and the weather has been pretty kind to a biker. Of course, we’re in a dry pattern that is a bit worrisome, what with last year’s drought and all—but I guess if you’re going to have a dry month of no consequence, March is not a poor choice.

There is snow in the forecast and colder temperatures next week. So I may not get a lot of extra miles in during spring break, but I do plan to ride some tomorrow, even if it’s cold.

And I’m going to “close” the RAGBRAI group and officially finish the registration process, probably tomorrow.

Anyway, I did have one minor mishap. Thursday night, I parked the bike too close to the garage door, without realizing it, and when I closed the door, it smacked and cracked the bike mirror.

It’s been a good mirror, but I probably will have to replace it.

Still, all in all, it’s been a good week to be a bike commuter, and despite some early spring winter-like weather next week, I think we’re getting to that part of year where the nice biking weather will become more and more common.

May your peddles spin, your tyres hum and the trail be fine and clear for you! Bike on!

No comments:

Post a Comment